Cost-effective trenchless technology
Horizontal directional drilling in Milton enables the cost-effective installation of underground pipes, utilities and soil remediation lines with little to no surface disruption.
It provides an environmentally sensitive solution for use in commercial and residential areas, railroads, waterways, golf courses, busy roadways and other areas where it is impossible or difficult to implement conventional trenching. Our robust service is not negatively influenced by adverse weather conditions or soil types.
How does Milton Directional Drilling Work?
Milton directional drilling typically starts at the surface. The entry angle ranges between 5-20 degrees. The bore is tracked at surface level as it follows a predetermined path through the soil. A qualified operator will direct the drill string along the horizontal target depth towards the exit point.
At the exit point, the string will be pulled to the surface, and a back reamer will be attached. The drill string will then be pulled back to the entry point. This method is used to enlarge the borehole in order to facilitate the installation of the pipe or utility.
Depending on the soil conditions, several back reaming operations may be needed. Once the borehole reaches the required diameter, the pipe or utility will be pulled back into the conduit.
Advantages of Horizontal Directional Drilling in Milton
Directional drilling offers the perfect solution when open trenching is not a viable option.
- Directional drilling eliminates the cost and time involved in manual excavation and restoration resulting from open trenching.
- Installations are faster when directional drilling is used.
- Since directional drilling is performed below the water table, no dewatering is required, thus reducing construction time and costs.
- Seasonal temperature fluctuations don't affect the process as no backfill is required to complete installations.
- Weather conditions cause fewer delays.
- Since roads don't need to be closed, traffic needn't be redirected around the construction site, causing fewer disruptions.
- Advanced technology used for horizontal directional drilling has been proven to be more cost effective, faster and less disruptive than traditional underground construction methods.
- Directional drilling minimizes disruptions to historic structures and expensive landscaping.
- Directional drilling reduces the safety and environmental risks of open-trench excavation, and it is not as noisy.
- HDD involves only the drill and a minimal amount of staff and equipment, thus minimizing disruption.
- HDD reduces the long term costs associated with soil settling.
Anta Directional Drilling Milton
Anta Directional Drilling has been a highly regarded HDD expert for more than 25 years, having worked across Ontario. Our certified engineers and operators share combined experience of over 100 years. As a pioneer of horizontal directional drilling, we match skills and experience with state-of-the-art technology to deliver excellent workmanship on time and on budget.
We offer a full range of conventional and trenchless services, including:
- Horizontal directional drilling (HDD)
- pipe bursting
- cured in place piping
- video camera inspections
- high pressure pipe cleaning
We have worked with homeowners, business owners, industrial clients and the public works sector to provide pipes and conduits for service deliveries, including cable, telecommunications, water, electricity, gas and oil.
Contact us today to discuss your Milton directional drilling needs on 416-239-3255 or write us: [email protected].
Licensed professionals & High quality service
Our licensed professionals are fully licensed and qualified to ensure that you get your money’s worth. We strive to ensure the best possible service with a high level of assurance that our workmanship will deliver long-lasting satisfaction.